1. Make sure to be on hand when the movers arrive. It's important
that an adult be authorized to take your place if you are
unavailable at any time while the movers are there. Let the
mover know to whom you have given this authority to. Make
sure that your chosen representative knows exactly what to
do because this person may be asked to sign documents obligating
you to charges.
2. Confirm the delivery date and time for your new address.
Write directions to your new home for the driver, provide
the new phone number, and include phone numbers where you
can be reached in transit.
3. Always try to spend as much time with the mover as possible.
If you have special instructions make sure they are explained
to your mover.
4. When the movers arrive, review all details and paperwork.
Accompany them as they inspect and tag your property. The
tag numbers, along with a detailed description of your goods
and their condition at the time of loading, will appear on
5. It is your responsibility to see that everything is loaded,
so remain on the premises until loading is completed. Always
do a final inspection of the premises. Do not sign any releases
without completing this inspection.
6. Since you'll probably want to clean before the furniture
is unloaded, make sure your vacuum and cleaning supplies are
packed last, so they can be unloaded first. Get ready for
Information contained herein subject
to change without notice.